Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Misters October 2017

The regular season may be over, but many of my 2017 MLBoyfriends are still playing baseball. Here are my picks that made it to the postseason.

Week 1: Miguel Sano
Get ready to see a lot of Twins in this post.


Week 3: Bryce Harper
Bryce and his famous hair return to the playoffs.



Week 5: Ryan Zimmerman
It's always a pleasure to see Ryan at the plate.



Week 7: J.D. Martinez
Ditto for J.D.--although I could do without the hideous Diamondbacks uniform.
UPDATE 3/26/19: I wrote this before J.D. Martinez posted something very problematic on social media that is in direct opposition to my values. He has a right to express political opinions, but words have consequences. In this case the consequence is that I no longer think he's hot--in fact, he's the opposite of hot. NRA propaganda is deal breaker for me.



Week 8: Ervin Santana
It was still only May, and I already picked my second Minnesota player.



Week 10 and Week 14: Aaron Judge
Considering the season he's had and that he's a Yankee, it's kind of surprising I only named Aaron my MLBoyfriend twice this year.


Week 14: George Springer
This year, I will make an exception to my rule of always rooting against teams from Texas. #HoustonStrong



Week 16: Nolan Arenado
Everything seems to be in order here.



Week 19: Brian Dozier & Week 21: Byron Buxton
It just makes sense that I would take notice of Twins players. I do live in Minnesota after all. Plus, the Twins are pretty adorable.



Week 22: Anthony Rizzo
Speaking of adorable...



Week 23: Didi Gregorius
Didi proving, once again, that the Yankee pinstripes are the best sports uniform ever.



Week 24: The Minnesota Twins September 12 Starting Line Up
Then, there was that time I picked nine Twins to be my MLBoyfriend in one week. What can I say? They had a great game. Minnie and Paul did this a lot that night.


Week 25: José Quintana
Do the Cubs have the best smiles in baseball? I think so. (See also Anthony Rizzo above.)



CONGRATS TO ALL MY MLBOYFRIENDS WHO HAVE MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS!Unfortunately, some of them won't make it far into the postseason. Either the Yankees or the Twins will be eliminated right away in the one-game American League Wild Card Playoff--which is sort of breaking my heart. Still, it's something special to play baseball in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment