Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 23: Didi Gregorius & Jose Reyes

When I moved to New York City, many people assumed I was a fair-weather Yankees fan. I've actually been a Yankees fan all my life because my father, who was born and raised in Iowa, is one. However, unlike many fans of the Bronx Bombers, I don't hate on the team in Queens. In fact, I have a soft spot in my heart for the New York Mets. I was clearly going to pick a New York player as my MLBoyfriend today, and it came down to either Didi Gregorius from the the Yankees of Jose Reyes from the Mets. Then, I decided since it's my blog, I can change the rules and, for the first time, choose two New York City players to be my MLBoyfriends of the week.


Didi Gregorius had a .385 batting average and 1.138 OPS last week with two home runs, six runs and ten RBIs. He ended the week strong going four-for-four with four RBIs on Sunday.


Gregorius is a great all-around player and his fielding in the key position of short stop has been excellent all season.


Jose Reyes had a very good week at the plate. He had a .296 batting average and 1.033 OPS with three home runs, six runs, nine RBIs and two stolen bases.


Reyes also ended the week on a high note going two-for-five in Sunday's game with one run scored, two RBIs and a stolen base.


SO....

Congratulations, Didi Gregorius! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. You deserve a hug.


Congratulations, Jose Reyes! You are also my MLBoyfriend of the week. FYI: This picture sealed the deal for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment