Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 22: Anthony Rizzo


Anthony Rizzo certainly had an MLBoyfriend worthy week on the field. He had a .385 batting average and a 1.203 with one home run, eight RBIs and nine runs.


Cubs fans are very happy with Rizzo's late season surge as they are in a battle for a postseason slot.


However, it wasn't all about what happened on the baseball diamond last week. Anthony Rizzo won the title of my MLBoyfriend when his foundation donated $3.5 million to Lurie Children's Hospital.


Rizzo, who was treated at Lurie when he was diagnosed with Hodgkins-Lymphoma ten years ago when he was eighteen, got emotional when presenting the donation.




Anthony Rizzo, this week, you deserve both a "Thank You!" for your generosity and a "Congratulations!" on becoming my MLBoyfriend.


I'd also like to thank Anthony Rizzo for making the "photo research" for this blog so easy. As I discovered when he was my MLBoyfriend last year, all you have to do is type "Anthony Rizzo smile" into Google, and you get dozens of great pics. I'll end things with one of my favorite's from last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment