Monday, September 23, 2019

Week 26: Ryan LaMarre


The Twins have new player to help them finish out the season. Ryan LaMarre was actually on the Minnesota roster last year before he was traded to the White Sox, and now he's come back just in time to go to the postseason.


LaMarre didn't have a lot of plate appearances last week, but he did well with the ones he had. He went 3 for 8 with a .375 average and 1.194 OPS. He even had one home run which also gave him his only run and only RBI for the week.



However, none of that is the reason I'm choosing LaMarre as my MLBoyfriend today. The real reason is that I went to my last regular season home game at Target Field on Thursday, August 19, and got to see Ryan play in person. Here are a couple of photos I took of him at the plate.




First of all, I really appreciate that he's wearing the traditional pantaloons and stockings. I've made my peace with the fact that most players wear full-length pants on the field. But, I really love it when guys kick it old school.



Still, that's not even my favorite thing about LaMarre. He won my heart with his choice of walk-up music. Turn up the volume on this video I shot.



That's right, LaMarre chose "Bad At Love" by Halsey! I love that song. Plus, Halsey is openly bisexual and the lyrics of the song reflect that. I not saying LaMarre is sending some secret queer message with the song. It's just really cool of him to pick it.



Oh, and there's also this....


Congratulations, Ryan LaMarre! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Welcome back. It's nice to have you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment