Monday, July 1, 2019

Week 14: Joey Votto


HAPPY CANADA DAY! I'm so happy my favorite Canadian player, Joey Votto, is on a hot streak, so I can name him my MLBoyfriend. Last week, Votto had four runs, one home run, and two RBIs. He had a .368 average and .955 OPS. He even had a stolen base--his second of the season.


Votto's biggest night of the week came on Friday, June 28. He had four hits in the Reds' victory over the Cubs--and one of those hits was the 1,800th of his career.




Best of all, Joey Votto did all this while continuing to be what the kids today call a "zaddy".




But honestly, Joey Votto could have had a just okay week, and he still might have been my MLBoyfriend. He last won the honor exactly two years ago for Canada's 150th birthday celebration. So, he seemed due for a repeat in honor of his home country. Yes, there was a little kerfuffle last year between Votto and my other favorite Canadian player, James Paxton. But that seems to have ended in a suitably Canadian amicable way, and Votto is definitely #TeamCanada all the way. Check out his message to the Toronto Raptors after they won the NBA Championship for the first time in their history last week.

Congratulations, Joey Votto! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Try to have another hot streak at the end of June next year, so we can make this a Canada Day tradition.



No comments:

Post a Comment