Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 13: Joey Votto

HAPPY 150th BIRTHDAY, CANADA!




In honor of our neighbor-to-the-north's sesquicentennial on July 1st, I've chosen Joey Votto, my favorite Canadian baseball player, as my MLBoyfriend of the week. 



Joey Votto didn't just win the prize because he's a Canuck. He had a beauty of a week last week. 



Votto had an amazing .524 batting average and an equally amazing 1.725 OPS with 6 runs, 6 RBIs,  3 home runs and one stolen base.



Joey Votto also gained major points in my book when he dressed as a donkey to drum up votes for teammate and donkey enthusiast Zack Cozart's All-Star campaign. Votto has promised to buy Cozart a donkey if Cozart was selected for the All-Star Game, and now Votto is shopping for one.



It also doesn't hurt that Votto is very easy on the eyes.



But, if I'm really honest, I selected Joey Votto this big Canadian week as an excuse to post this most excellent video of him giving an interview dressed as a Mountie. It may be a few years old, but it's still worth watching.



Congratulations, Joey Votto! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. You should go to Timmie's and get yourself a double-double and some Timbits to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment