Monday, June 17, 2019

Week 12: Charlie Blackmon


I don't just automatically hand out the MLBoyfriend title to the best batter of the week. However, Charlie Blackmon was the best hitter in the MLB last week by a country mile. 



Blackmon's stats for last week are pretty unreal. He went 21 for 37 for a .568 average and 1.784 OPS. He had 12 runs, 6 home runs, and 15 RBIs. Blackmon's nearest competition, Ketel Marte of the Arizona Cardinals, had almost as many runs (11) and home runs (5) but only 6 RBIs, and while his average was a very impressive .448, that's still over 100 points below Blackmon's.


It was a foregone conclusion that Blackmon would be named the NL Player of the Week--and he was. However, before I crown him my MLBoyfriend, we must address the elephant in the room--or should I say the woolly mammoth?
Charlie Blackmon's whole hair situation raises some concerns.


I don't love big beards, and a mullet is always going to be a tough sell. And, the fact is Charlie Blackmon looks better without out them.


On the other hand, while the beard and mullet might not suit his face, they definitely fit Blackmon's personality. I don't think a clean-cut, clean-shaven player could show up to work like this.


I have to admit that he is rockin' those waders and looking pretty good. The fishing pole also helps in my book.


Congratulations, Charlie Blackmon! You are my MLBoyfriend of the Week--beard, mullet and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment