Monday, April 29, 2019

Week 5: Steven Matz


The New York Daily News ran this headline yesterday: "Steven Matz Is The Mets' Best Starter". That is saying something when the Mets pitching lineup includes Noah Syndergaard and Jacob deGrom. However, after last week, there's a very good case to be made for Matz.


On Monday, April 22, Matz got win of the week. He pitched six full inning with just three hits, two walks,and one earned run for a 1.50 ERA and a 0.83 WHIP and scoring him a quality start. This victory was especially sweet since it was over the Philadelphia Phillies who had shelled him less than a week before.

It's a bit unfair of me to use this pic since it's from Matz horrible 4/14 game,
but I have my reasons for posting it.
Matz had his second quality start and win of the week on Sunday, April 24. In 7 full innings, he gave up five hits, zero walks, and two earned runs for a 2.57 ERA and 0.71 WHIP. His win ended the Mets' losing streak against the Milwaukee Brewers.



So Matz had a very good week with two wins, two quality starts, a 2.08 ERA and 0.77 WHIP.



As if that weren't enough, in doing my "research" on Steven Matz, I discovered he has a hidden talent. Check out this video. I love a good party trick.


Congratulations, Steven Matz! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. It's all because you spin me right round, baby, right round like a record.


No comments:

Post a Comment