Monday, June 26, 2023

Elly De La Cruz

I guess it's not a huge surprise that I'd never heard of Elly De La Cruz before this week. He is a rookie after all, so he hasn't had much time to get on my radar. Also, despite my undying love for Joey Votto, I don't really pay that much attention to the Cincinnati Reds.


I think De La Cruz came to a lot of baseball fans' attention with his amazing performance last week. He had 11 hits in 25 at bats for a .440 average. He had 5 RBI--which double his count for the season. Just to top it all off, he had 2 stolen bases.

De La Cruz had his biggest night of the week on Friday, June 23. That night, he hit for the cycle--meaning he got a single, a double, a triple and a home run in the same game. This is one of the rarest achievements in baseball. It's the first time in 29 years that a player for the Reds has done it.

De La Cruz is having a terrific rookie year. He's the first player since the "World Series Era" began in 1903 to have at least 20 hits, 5 stolen bases, and 3 home runs in their first 15 games. I would also like to point out that he is very handsome and has maybe the best hair in the MLB.


Congratulations, Elly De La Cruz! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Also, nice job on being named the National League Player of the Week. You richly deserve both titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment