Monday, May 23, 2022

Martín Pérez

Pitchers don't have to throw two great games in a week to win the MLBoyfriend title, but it helps. Martín Pérez earns the prize after his two quality starts led to two wins last week.

On May 15, Pérez pitched 6.0 innings giving up just one run on 5 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 7 and got his first win of the week. 


I try to avoid silly baseball slang here, but I couldn't resist this headline: Rangers' Martín Pérez Twirls Shutout. Twirling sounds like something you'd do at a rave not on the mound. Anyway... Pérez threw a complete game on May 21 giving up 8 hits and 1 walk but 0 runs in the 9 innings. 


At the end of the week, with 15.0 innings pitched, Pérez had a very impressive 0.60 ERA and 1.07 WHIP. As if those 2 wins and stats weren't enough, he also had a few other things going for him. First, he posted great recaps of the games on Instagram:

Next thing in Pérez's favor is that he chews bubble gum--which has proven to be the way to my heart in the past.

Last, but certainly not least, this is how Pérez appeared in his post-game interviews last week:



Congratulations Martín Pérez, you are my MLBoyfriend of the week! FWIW, your performance last week got me to add you to my fantasy baseball team as well. So, you'll be seeing a lot more of me as your pretend manager this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment