Monday, July 20, 2026

The All-Star Game Break


I'm never quiet sure what to do about the All-Star Game here at MLBoyfriend. This year, I'm just going to hit you with a few odds and ends from the week.

The Home Run Derby
I got to watch the Home Run Derby. I was glad because it actually had an exciting final show down between Kyle Schwarber and Jordan Walker.


Congratulations, to Jordan Walker! As much as I love Kyle Schwarber, Walker was amazing in his last at-bat, and it's always fun to see the underdog win.

The Pre-Game Red Carpet
This year's Red Carpet looks were pretty boring compared to previous years. As was pointed out in the extensive coverage on Go Fug Yourself, a lot of the outfits were "giving Fraternity Formal". Still, there were a few interesting entries. Here are my five favorite in alphabetical order. (Apparently, players with last names that start with "A" are the most stylish.)

CJ Abrams

Ozzie Albies

Randy Arozarena

Byron Buxton & His Adorable Family

Yoshinobu Yamamoto


The Big Game
I did not get to watch the All-Star Game this year. However, I think that's okay, because it doesn't look like it was very exciting. I was glad to see Cody Bellinger won the ASG MVP Award (even if it was just for "a lousy single") for several reasons. First, Bellinger and his family showed up on the Red Carpet looking very cute.

The family adorableness continued Bellinger's daughters joined him on the field after the game...

...and at the press conference.

Since it's baseball, Bellinger's ASG MVP Award has to represent some sort of milestone or record. Here's what it is: Cody Bellinger is the first player in MLB history to win the Rookie of the Year, League Championship Series MVP, League MVP, a World Series ring, and All-Star Game MVP.

Finally, Cody Bellinger is dreamy. The one time he was named MLBoyfriend, I posted an excessive number of pictures of him. I'll restrain myself this week with just one more.


Elsewhere in the baseball world...
I think more posts about the Portland Pickle's "Heated Riv-Dill-ry" promotion showed up in my feed than All-Star Game posts.


The algorithm knows me too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment