Monday, June 6, 2022

Alejandro Kirk


It's almost impossible to measure catchers' performances behind the plate, but it's safe to say that Alejandro Kirk was the best catcher at the plate last week. 

Kirk had a whopping .450 batting average and 1.522 OPS with 8 runs and 7 RBIs. He got to wear the Blue Jays' coveted "Barrio Jacket" 3 times last week to celebrate the home runs he hit.

Last week was not a fluke for Kirk. He's coming off an excellent month of May in which he had more extra-base hits than strikeouts.

I'd like to take this opportunity to shame fat-shamers. At 5'8"and 245 lbs, Kirk is officially "obese" according to the body mass index. In fact, his BMI of 37.2 puts him much closer to the "morbidly obese" category than the "overweight" one. This elite athlete, one of the best in Major League Baseball right now, "needs" to lose at least 70 pounds to be his "ideal" weight. For more information on what absolute garbage the BMI is, listen to "The Body Mass Index" episode of the excellent podcast Maintenance Phase.


Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Congratulations, Alejandro Kirk! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. I'd also like to thank you for giving me a reason to post my favorite baseball photo of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment