Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Week 6: John Means

I said it earlier this year, and I'm amazed I have to say it again so soon, but.... Throwing a no-hitter doesn't automatically earn you the title of MLBoyfriend (sorry, Wade Miley); however, it does help a lot. On May 5th, John Means not only threw not just a no-hitter, but also went nine full innings with no walks. 

Unfortunately, Means put a player on base with a third-strike wild pitch, so it wasn't a perfect game. Still, he threw a beautiful game.


I have a soft spot for the Baltimore Orioles, and it was great to see them have something to celebrate. Means threw was the first solo no-hitter for the Orioles since Jim Palmer threw his in 1969. (Side note: many gay men of a certain age, including myself, are big fans of Jim Palmer's work off the baseball field.)


Congratulations, John Means! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Also, thanks for the great pictures of the celebration of your achievement.

I'm a big fan of the catcher leaping into
the pitchers arms in celebration...

...and of group hugs on the mound.

No comments:

Post a Comment