Monday, June 11, 2018

Week 11: Paul Goldschmidt

 

It's kind of surprising that I'm well into my third season of MLBoyfriend, and Paul Goldschmidt has never won the title. He is, afterall, a five-time MLB All-Star with a slew of awards. It's probably because he plays for the Arizona Diamondbacks--a team I generally pretend doesn't exist. However, now that the Diamondbacks are leading the National League West and Goldschmidt has been on fire, I guess his time has come.


Last week, Goldschmidt had ten runs, four home runs, and eleven RBIs. His batting average was an amazing .640, and his OPS was an equally amazing 2.130--both are, by fairly wide margins, the highest of all MLB players with more than five at-bats in the week. Yesterday, ESPN sent out this tweet:

This is even more impressive because Goldschmidt had a terrible start to the season. Suddenly in June, he is racking up amazing numbers


Whether he's in a slump or on a hot streak, it's always a pleasure to see Goldy on the field.



Or off it for that matter...


Goldschmidt had a beard for the first two months of the season which, in my opinion, made him even more handsome.


However, I'm afraid that he probably associates the beard with his slump and will remain clean-shaven the rest of the season. Baseball players are superstitious like that. Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with Goldschmidt looking like this.


Congratulations, Paul Goldschmidt, you are my MLBoyfriend of the week! I'll let you know right now that you have a good chance of repeating this honor if you keep up your hitting stats--or if you grow your beard back.

No comments:

Post a Comment