Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 25: José Quintana


Sometimes, it just takes one excellent game to catch my eye. José Quintana had an excellent game yesterday and became my MLBoyfriend of the week. On Sunday, September 24, he threw a complete game and a shut out.


In nine full innings on the road against the Milwaukee Brewers, the Chicago Cubs pitcher struck out ten batters, gave up no runs, and threw for just three hits and one walk. Including his as-low-as-it-can-get ERA off 0.00 from that game, Quintana has an impressive 1.63 ERA in his four starts in the month of September.



I wasn't the only one who noticed Quintana's star turn. Cubs manager, Joe Madden said, "Games like that can be career-altering for a pitcher." 



Congratulations to José Quintana! Your performance on the field (and, okay, your great smile) have made you my MLBoyfriend. It doesn't hurt that your are on my fantasy baseball team, and your numbers yesterday really helped me as I battle to win the league's championship.


No comments:

Post a Comment