Monday, October 10, 2016

ALDS: Josh Donaldson

Congratulations to Josh Donaldson. He has the double honor of being my first postseason MLBoyfriend and the first repeat winner of the title.

Josh Donaldson is clearly happy with his second go-round as my MLBoyfriend.
Even though I have not once but twice named Texas Rangers as my MLBoyfriend, they are my second-most hated team in baseball. (FYI: The Boston Red Sox are clearly the my #1 most hated team, I am a big enough man to give one of them the title.) I was clearly rooting for the delightful Blue Jays to beat the Rangers. Naturally, I was thrilled when Toronto swept Texas in three games--especially because it was Donaldson who delivered the walk-off run in a dramatic fashion.


There were many Blue Jays who contributed to the sweep of the Ranger and that I as candidates for my MLBoyfriend. José Bautista had one home run, scored three runs and had four RBIs in the series. He also showed some class after his home run with a subdued bat drop as opposed to his epic bat flip that sparked a massive brawl between the Blue Jays and the Rangers early in the season. Also, Bautista is definitely looks handsome on the field.


José Bautista
Some might say that Edwin Encarnación was Toronto's MVP in the series--and there is a good case to be made for him with his two home runs, four runs and six RBIs. He showed a bit more bravado after his home runs than Bautista did, and that's okay with me.

Edwin Encarnación celebrates his homer.
Josh Donaldson had a very good series as well even if he didn't hit any of the Blue Jays ten home runs in the three games. He went 4 for 4 with two runs and two RBIs in the first game. The double he hit to get himself into scoring position in the 10th inning of the final game was awfully impressive. Then, he clinched his place as my MLBoyfriend when he dove home to clinch the series win.



This has nothing to do with the ALDS, but I would also like to thank Donaldson for wearing traditional baseball knickers. When I am named Commissioner of Major League Baseball, my first official act will be to ban long pants from the game. This is what a player should look like in the dugout.


Congratulations on being my first repeat MLBoyfriend, Josh Donaldson! Keep up the good work in the ALCS and you could make it a three-peat!

No comments:

Post a Comment