Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Postseason, Week 3: José Altuve


José Altuve might be the obvious choice for my MLBoyfriend this week, but still, he's the right  one. The American League Conference Series MVP and two-time MLBoyfriend was a powerhouse and a joy to watch in the series.



Altuve hit .348 in the ALCS, with three RBIs and two home runs. It was the second of those home runs--the one the won the series for the Houston Astros--that clinched his status as the MVP. His teammates were literally jumping for joy as he rounded the bases.



Speaking of his the Astros home-run celebration, Altuve kept his teammates from ripping off his jersey, a recent MLB "tradition" that I wholly support. He ended up rounding third in this adorable manner:




When asked why he didn't want his shirt taken off, Altuve said, "I'm too shy. Last time they did that, I got in trouble with my wife." Wait, there was a time the Astros did rip off Altuve's jersey? Is there a picture of that? Why, yes, there is:



Congratulations, José Altuve! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Congrats also to the Houston Astros on their pennant win.


No comments:

Post a Comment