Monday, July 30, 2018

Week 18: Sean Doolittle

Sean Doolittle and his wife, the fantastic
Eireann Dolan, attend the 2018 MLB All-Star Game.

Thank goodness I have scouts working for me to find MLBoyfriends. I had no idea who I was going to choose today until my nephew Dan sent me this message:


Yes, that's right. It was 6:43 pm before I knew that Sean Doolittle was my MLBoyfriend of the week. I've said it before, in fact in the very first MLBoyfriend post of 2018, what baseball players do off the field can be more important than what they do on it. Today, Doolittle took to Twitter to speak out about the controversial messages other players have sent out over social media in the past. Ironically, Doolittle played absolutely no baseball last week. He has been on the DL since July 10th with a toe injury. However, to be fair, he has had a pretty good season so far with twenty-two saves. Even with missing the last twenty days, the ESPN fantasy baseball "Player Rater" ranks him as the tenth most valuable relief pitcher in MLB.

Here's Sean Doolittle's excellent tweets from today alternating with picture of him.*

Sean Doolittle on the mound for the Washington Nationals.
I'm kind of over the whole beards on pitchers thing, but I actually like Doolittle's.
Doolittle is working the full-on hipster look, and I'm there for it.

I'm also there for his knickers. I believer all MLB players should be required
to wear them instead of long pants. This is baseball, not golf.

Doolittle with Spencer Kieboom. I have a soft spot for pictures of
pitchers and catchers together.

Here's one of Doolittle with Matt Wieters.

Doolittle doing his best Stretch Armstrong impression.

Seriously, the control MLB pitchers have over their bodies is amazing.

Also... GINGER.

This isn't the first time that Doolittle has gone to bat for social issues. In 2015, while he was playing for the Oakland, Doolittle and Eireann Dolan (his then girlfriend, now wife) contributed their own money and rasied funds to buy tickets to the A's Pride Night for LGBGTQIA Youth to attend the game. Last year, Doolittle had this to say about the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville:
"It’s just white fear. It’s the worst kind of hatred. It’s disgusting."
This also isn't the first time Doolittle was pretty fantastic on Twitter.

Congratulations, Sean Doolittle! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Thanks for all your good work.

* Remember how I made this pick at 6:43? I didn't have much time or energy to write a post myself. Thankfully, Sean Doolittle did most of the writing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment