Monday, April 15, 2019

Week 3: José Altuve


I can't believe it's been almost three years since the last time I named José Altuve my MLBoyfrined. He is, after all, a very good baseball player. Plus, he has many other qualities that catch my eye when I'm considering who to pick (see picture below).




Altuve has been off to a great start this season, and he had a monster week last week. He had a .400 average, 1.527 OPS, with  8 runs, 10 RBIs and 6 home runs. To put those 6 homers in perspective, the rest of the Houston Astros roster combined hit 5 home runs--and they are a very good team.


Altuve is the first player this season to hit a home run in 5 consecutive games.




Keep in mind that Altuve's height is officially listed as 5'6"--and that might be a generous number. Smaller players are not generally thought of as power hitters, but Altuve is helping change that image.

José Altuve is still much shorter than Aaron Judge.
Congratulations, José Altuve! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. It's nice to have you back on the site. Let's not go three years without seeing each other again.


No comments:

Post a Comment