Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 13: Danny Espinosa

It seems appropriate to pick a member of the Washington Nationals as my MLBoyfriend on the 4th of July. However, my selection of Danny Espinosa is not a hollow display of patriotism. Last week, he had a .423 batting average and 1.593 OPS with five home runs and a whopping seventeen RBIs--he brought home six more runs than anyone in MLB.


Most of Espinosa's fireworks at the plate came in a four game series against the Cincinnati Reds in which he hit the five home runs including two grand slams. Not surprisingly, the crowd in Nationals Park showed him a lot of love.


He made several trips out of the dugout for "curtain calls".



In past seasons, Espinosa was known to sport some pretty amazing facial hair.


On the one hand, I really appreciate the old-timey baseball look he was sporting, and as we learned last week, I have no problem with hipsters. On the other hand, I can't say I'm mad at his look in 2016.


Yeah, that works.

Danny Espinosa, you definitely earned to the titles The Nationals Player of the Week and my MLBoyfriend. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment