Monday, October 17, 2022

Bryce Harper

I hadn't really watched a Phillies game during the regular season. I managed to catch some of their postseason play, and it reminded me of a couple things about Bryce Harper: 1. he's very good at baseball, and 2. he's super fun to watch.


Harper is having a great run in the two series the Phillies have played and won this postseason. He has a .435 batting average and 1.437 OPS with 3 doubles, 3 home runs and 6 RBI in just six games. MLB was kind enough to put together a reel of Harper's highlights in the NLDS

Seeing him play last week also reminded me that, somehow, Harper manages to be extremely cocky....

...and a total goofball--often at the same time.


It just so happens that cocky and goofy are two traits I really appreciate in a baseball player. Harper also has other attributes that I like to see--as evidenced by his many appearances on this blog.


Speaking of Harper's assets, I would like to thank the person at Topps who is responsible for this card celebrating his performance in the NLDS.


Congratulations, Bryce Harper! You are my MLBoyfriend of the week. Also, HAPPY (one-day-belated) BIRTHDAY! It's nice to celebrate a fellow October baby during Libra Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment