Tuesday, October 30, 2018

2018 World Series: Joc Pederson & Ian Kinsler

Joc Pederson, Los Angeles Dodgers & Ian Kinsler, Boston Red Sox

On Saturday, October 27, I woke up, turned on some cooking shows and blogged about Max Muncy, my MLBoyfriend for the epic Game 3 of the World Series. Then, I turned on the news and suddenly felt a bit bad about posting about a cute baseball player. It was a feeling I had been struggling with throughout the week as the World Series competed for attention against so much terrible news of shootings and pipe bombs. This little blog seemed frivolous in the face of some much hate and violence. However, I remembered that I named an MLBoyfriend the day after the Pulse Nightclub Shooting. If those who try to spread fear keep us from enjoying things that bring us happiness, they've won. There is also precedence for me choosing an MLBoyfriend based his stance on a social issue such as LBGTQ+ rights or gun control. So....

I'm naming the two Jews who played in the World Series as my last MLBoyfriends of 2018 as my small but heartfelt statement against anti-semitism.


I don't catch Dodgers games that often, but every time I do I always think Joc Pederson has real MLBoyfriend potential.


Pederson has some pretty impressive career stats. He's hits some impressive home runs including four home runs in his six World Series starts in the past two years. His solo homer was the first run scored in the epic Game 3 this year.


Joc Pederson is also totally adorable.


My feelings towards Ian Kinsler are a bit more complicated. In his twelve seasons in the majors, he has spent seven with teams I hate, six with the Texas Rangers and this one with the Boston Red Sox.


Kinsler's stats are good--you don't last that long in baseball without putting up decent numbers.


Kinsler did have a costly error the infamous Game 3 of this World Series. Even when I'm cheering for the other team, I always feel a little bad for players who have the bad luck of having an error at the worst moment. So, Kinsler gets sympathy points. Plus he looked really good in his post-game interview discussing his role in Boston's loss.


Ian Kinsler has always been goodlooking, and, like a fine wine, he's getting better looking with age.


Congratulations, Joc Pederson! You are my 2018 World Series MLBoyfriend.



Congratulations, Ian Kinsler! You are also my 2018 World Series MLBoyfriend.



You two also have the honor of being the final MLBoyfriends of 2018, As with all my picks, I hate to see you go, but I love to see you walk away.



Speaking of other MLBoyfriends, here's a special bonus butt: Alex Bregman, another hot, Jewish baseball player.


No comments:

Post a Comment